Tatham Engineering offers exciting career opportunities in our various office locations. We also welcome applications that are not related to a specific job posting and we offer student opportunities throughout the year.
If you welcome challenging and rewarding work , then consider developing your career with us!
Intermediate Engineer – Project Manager (Ottawa)
We are seeking an Intermediate Engineer – Project Manager for our Ottawa office.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the planning, design and approval of municipal infrastructure and land development projects involving: roads, storm and sanitary sewers, watermain and stormwater management systems. Work assignments include: class environmental assessments, servicing studies, feasibility studies; water distribution and sewage collection analysis; conceptual design; preliminary design; completion of final design and drawings including coordination of utilities and other engineering disciplines and sub-consultants.
The Intermediate Engineer – Project Manager is position is responsible for providing technical direction and assisting the Branch Manager with business development. This position reports to the Branch Manager.
The successful candidate is fully bilingual (English/French) and will be licensed by the Association of Professional Engineers in Ontario. A licence to practice (or eligibility for a licence) in the province of Quebec would be an asset.
Key position requirements:
- P.Eng. in the Province of Ontario
- Minimum of 5 years of intermediate municipal engineering experience
- Excellent municipal design and project management skills
- Experience with on-site septic disposal system design would be an asset
- Thorough understanding of relevant legislation, guidelines and standards
- Demonstrated abilities as a team leader, responsible for managing a team of support staff
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong computer skills with Microsoft Office
- Experience with business development is an asset
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
Tatham Engineering is a Canadian, employee-owned consulting engineering firm with over 30 years of experience. We specialize in Coastal, Land Development, Municipal Infrastructure, Structural – Buildings and Bridges, Transportation, Water Resources, Water & Wastewater, Mechanical and Electrical engineering with application to new and re-developed commercial, industrial, residential and recreational properties. Our extensive experience combined with providing premier services are key factors in our solid track record of successful projects throughout Ontario to a wide range of satisfied clients in both the public and private sectors. Headquartered in Collingwood, with branch offices in Bracebridge, Barrie, Orillia and Ottawa, Tatham Engineering has a highly capable team of over 160 employees.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to us by clicking “Apply".