Tatham Engineering offers exciting career opportunities in our various office locations. We also welcome applications that are not related to a specific job posting and we offer student opportunities throughout the year.
If you welcome challenging and rewarding work , then consider developing your career with us!
Intern/Intermediate Engineer – Coastal Engineering
We are seeking an Intern or Intermediate Engineer for our Barrie and/or Collingwood office as part of our Coastal Engineering group.
This position is responsible for undertaking field investigations, coastal modelling, wave and erosion hazard assessments, design of shoreline protection structures, and construction inspections. This role will assist with shoreline hazard studies and risk assessments, shoreline protection designs and other coastal modelling and design projects for municipalities and private landowners. The ideal candidate would have experience in hydraulic and hydrologic modelling and analysis and could be involved in riverine floodplain studies and/or design of drainage and stormwater management systems for municipal infrastructure and land development projects.
This position reports to a Department Manager.
Key Position Requirements:
- Intern Engineer: minimum of 1 year of water resources engineering experience
- Intermediate Engineer: P.Eng. in the Province of Ontario with minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in a consulting engineering environment or equivalent
- Experience with technical modeling software (Delft 3D or similar coastal models, OTTHYMO, PCSWMM and HEC-RAS would be an asset)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Project and AutoCAD/Civil 3D and GIS
- Strong communication and technical writing skills
- Experience with business development is an asset
- Ability to prioritize and schedule multiple tasks and timelines
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
Tatham Engineering is a Canadian, employee-owned consulting engineering firm with over 30 years of experience. We specialize in Coastal, Land Development, Municipal Infrastructure, Structural – Buildings and Bridges, Transportation, Water Resources, Water & Wastewater, Mechanical and Electrical engineering with application to new and re-developed commercial, industrial, residential and recreational properties. Our extensive experience combined with providing premier services are key factors in our solid track record of successful projects throughout Ontario to a wide range of satisfied clients in both the public and private sectors. Headquartered in Collingwood, with branch offices in Bracebridge, Barrie, Orillia and Ottawa, Tatham Engineering has a highly capable team of over 150 employees.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to us by clicking “Apply".
"*" indicates required fields