Tatham Engineering offers exciting career opportunities in our various office locations. We also welcome applications that are not related to a specific job posting and we offer student opportunities throughout the year.
If you welcome challenging and rewarding work , then consider developing your career with us!
Land Development Engineer, Project Manager (Ottawa)
Tatham Engineering is dedicated to enhancing our communities. Are you looking to enhance your career and apply your technical expertise to meaningful work
We are seeking an Intermediate Engineer – Project Manager for our Ottawa office.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the planning, design and approval of municipal infrastructure and land development projects involving: roads, storm and sanitary sewers, watermain and stormwater management systems. Work assignments include: class environmental assessments, servicing studies, feasibility studies; water distribution and sewage collection analysis; conceptual design; preliminary design; completion of final design and drawings including coordination of utilities and other engineering disciplines and sub-consultants.
The Intermediate Engineer – Project Manager is responsible for providing technical direction and assisting the Branch Manager with business development. This position reports to the Branch Manager.
The successful candidate will be licensed by the Association of Professional Engineers in Ontario. A licence to practice (or eligibility for a licence) in the province of Quebec would be an asset. Bilingual (English/French) would be an asset.
Key Position Requirements
- Eng. in the Province of Ontario
- Minimum of 5 years of intermediate municipal engineering experience
- Excellent municipal design and project management skills
- Experience with on-site septic disposal system design would be an asset
- Thorough understanding of relevant legislation, guidelines and standards
- Demonstrated abilities as a team leader, responsible for managing a team of support staff
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong computer skills with Microsoft Office
- Experience with business development is an asset
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
At Tatham, our key values are reflected in everything we do. We aim to be the engineering consulting firm of choice by upholding our core values: Service, Communication, Teamwork, Relationships & Community. Our company has experienced significant growth by putting these values into action.
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation, benefits, RRSP matching and profit sharing
- Flexible work arrangements and work-life balance
- Vacation starting at 3 weeks – prorated in the first year
- Professional development, training, and career progression opportunities
- Company Mentorship Program
- Coverage of PEO annual dues
- Challenging and rewarding work on notable projects
- Collaborative and engaging workplace environment
- Regular office/team socials and recreational outings
Tatham Engineering is a Canadian employee-owned, consulting engineering firm that specializes in Coastal, Land Development, Municipal, Structural (Buildings and Bridges), Transportation, Water Resources, Water & Wastewater, Electrical and Mechanical engineering, and provides specialized services in Air & Noise, Climate Resilience and Hydrogeology. The firm was founded in Collingwood, Ontario, in 1988 and currently employs over 175 staff with branch offices in Barrie, Orillia, Bracebridge and Ottawa.
Tatham is proud to be recognized as one of Canada’s Top Small & Medium Employers of 2023!
Please submit your resume and cover letter to us by clicking “Apply".
"*" indicates required fields