Tatham Engineering offers exciting career opportunities in our various office locations. We also welcome applications that are not related to a specific job posting and we offer student opportunities throughout the year.
If you welcome challenging and rewarding work , then consider developing your career with us!
Intermediate Landscape Architect – Envision-Tatham (Collingwood)
Growing Our Team
Envision-Tatham is one of Georgian Triangle’s most respected landscape architectural, urban design, site planning, and arboricultural practices and we are seeking a talented and motivated Intermediate Landscape Architect to add to our growing design team.
With our company’s origins stemming from our design work for Le Scandinave Spa and Blue Mountain Village, we established Envision-Tatham in South Georgian Bay to help guide the increasing growth of this incredible part of Ontario … and we fell in love with Georgian Bay’s landscapes and lifestyle.
We have attracted an amazing team of like-minded individuals who are growing their careers and pursuing their goals through Envision-Tatham, while finding balanced lifestyles for themselves and their families through locally accessible, 4-season activities like skiing, hiking, biking, sailing, as well as a variety of cultural and culinary experiences. If you feel that you are like-minded and share these career and lifestyle goals, we encourage you to connect with us. All we ask from you is:
- Full Member of the Ontario Association of Landscape Architects with Seal and Certificate
- Minimum of 5 to 10 years of professional working experience
- International Society of Arboriculture (ISA) membership is optional but would be seen as a favourable credential
- Strong demonstrated design and hand graphics skills and knowledge of plant material
- High emotional intelligence, strong project/staff management skills, solid communicator, and able to work in a multi-disciplinary team-based environment as well as independently
- Technical competence and experience preparing tender and contract drawings/documents and administering large-scale construction projects
- Excellent working knowledge of AutoCAD, Sketch-up, and Microsoft Office suite
- Background in Adobe graphics software (Photoshop, In-Design, Illustrator, etc.) an asset
- Class ‘G’ driver’s license in good standing and a vehicle for use on corporate business
Envision-Tatham focuses on creating quality and engaging environments that are sustainably integrated into nature. Through our belief in this core principle, we have developed an approach to public space design/planning, site planning, community building, public engagement, and environmental stewardship that has been the foundation of our success. This approach has fostered our growth and greatest achievements in the municipal and public sectors, while also establishing close relationships with several resorts and developers in the private sector who are committed to placemaking and community-building.
WHAT MAKES US DIFFERENT? We set ourselves apart from our competitors, by remaining one of South Georgian Bay’s few independent employee-owned landscape architectural and arboricultural firms, allowing us to stay focused on our core professional values.
To fortify our skillset and provide a more holistic approach to our clients, we have created a strategic partnership with our allies at Tatham Engineering. Through this integrated collaboration, Envision-Tatham benefits from a full range of in-house engineering support services and allows us to frequently access projects and clients through Tatham’s branch offices in Barrie, Orillia, Bracebridge, and Ottawa.
Competitive salaries, benefits, profit-sharing, RRSP matching, future shareholding potential, and various other staff incentives are available to all positions. Salary will be commensurate with experience.
Your Experience Here
As an Intermediate Landscape Architect, you will be given the necessary support to succeed as a project and team leader. Projects will include streetscapes, civic and institutional sites, community planning and design, parks and trail systems, resorts, camps, and commercial and industrial developments. Preparation of reports, studies, tree preservation/mitigation plans, and visual impact assessments may also be required. As an Intermediate Landscape Architect your specific office experience will look something like this:
- Project management, junior staff management/mentoring, and general administration
- Promotion, project acquisition, and assistance with business development
- Design and planning of public and private-sector land development projects
- Public engagement and client presentations
- Prepare project correspondence, communication materials, and reports
- Provide design and technical input on projects
- Prepare and/or oversee technical staff in the preparation of graphic visualizations and illustrations (hand drawn and/or computer rendered)
- Oversee and/or undertake drafting (CADD) to develop drawings/documents
- Prepare specifications, tender and contract documents, and cost estimates
- Undertake contract administration and construction inspection duties
- Attend meetings and prepare meeting minutes
- Consult with review agencies and prepare approval submissions/follow-up
- Coordinate with sub-consultants, external project team members and allied professionals
- Development peer review in support of our municipal clients and the planning process
Envision-Tatham welcomes and encourages applications from persons of all abilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We thank all applicants in advance, however, only those candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to us by clicking “Apply".
"*" indicates required fields