Tatham Engineering offers exciting career opportunities in our various office locations. We also welcome applications that are not related to a specific job posting and we offer student opportunities throughout the year.
If you welcome challenging and rewarding work , then consider developing your career with us!
Engineer/Engineering Designer – Electrical (Collingwood or Barrie)
Tatham Engineering is dedicated to enhancing our communities. Are you looking to enhance your career and apply your technical expertise to meaningful work?
We are seeking an experienced, accomplished, and self-motivated Engineer or Engineering Designer to work in the Electrical group based out of our Collingwood or Barrie office. This position is responsible for creating and implementing processes and designs using computer-aided design (CAD) software. As an Engineer or Engineering Designer, you will provide AutoCAD services and support for all Engineering Project Managers.
As a member of our engineering design team, you will apply industry standards and best practices to design reliable engineering solutions for contracted projects.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Prepare drawings for various designs including Title blocks, base plans, linework, single line diagrams, panel layouts, riser diagrams, voltage drops, etc.
- Perform engineering calculations using relevant software and engineering design standards
- Prepare detailed design drawings using AutoCAD software, adhering to company standards and templates
- Prepare electrical specifications adhering to company standards, including required research to ensure equipment specifications are up to date
- Review relevant codes and standards pertaining to work being performed
- Preliminary reviews and construction progress
- Conduct site visits as required
- Coordinate timelines with Project managers
- Provide technical support for technicians and engineering team members
Key Position Requirements:
- Degree in Electrical Engineering or Diploma in Engineering Technology
- Minimum of 5 years of electrical engineering or engineering design experience
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel as well as AutoCAD
- Understanding of the Ontario Building Code
- Strong communication and technical writing skills
- Registered or eligible for registration with PEO or OACETT
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects and work independently under minimal supervision
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
At Tatham, our key values are reflected in everything we do. We aim to be the engineering consulting firm of choice by upholding our core values: Service, Communication, Teamwork, Relationships & Community. Our company has experienced significant growth by putting these values into action.
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation, benefits, RRSP matching and profit sharing
- Flexible work arrangements and work-life balance
- Vacation starting at 3 weeks – prorated in the first year
- Professional development, training, mentorship program and career progression opportunities
- Challenging and rewarding work on notable projects
- Collaborative and engaging workplace environment
- Regular office/team socials and recreational outings
Tatham Engineering is a Canadian, employee-owned consulting engineering firm with over 30 years of experience. We specialize in Coastal, Land Development, Municipal Infrastructure, Structural – Buildings and Bridges, Transportation, Water Resources, Water & Wastewater, Mechanical and Electrical engineering with application to new and re-developed public sector, commercial, industrial, residential and recreational properties. Our extensive experience combined with providing premier services are key factors in our solid track record of successful projects throughout Ontario to a wide range of satisfied clients in both the public and private sectors. Headquartered in Collingwood, with branch offices in Bracebridge, Barrie, Orillia and Ottawa, Tatham Engineering has a highly capable team of over 160 employees.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to us by clicking “Apply".