Tatham Engineering offers exciting career opportunities in our various office locations. We also welcome applications that are not related to a specific job posting and we offer student opportunities throughout the year.
If you welcome challenging and rewarding work , then consider developing your career with us!
Engineering Intern – Municipal/Land Development (Barrie, Collingwood, Orillia or Bracebridge)
Tatham Engineering is dedicated to enhancing our communities. Are you looking to enhance your career and apply your technical expertise to meaningful work?
We are seeking a motivated civil engineering graduate for an Engineering Intern position. This position will be in our Municipal/Land Development group, and can be located in either our Barrie, Collingwood, Orillia or Bracebridge office. Hybrid and flexible work options are available.
The position is responsible for the design of municipal infrastructure and land development projects including storm and sanitary sewers, stormwater management systems and infrastructure, watermains, grading, roads and parking lots, preparation of the associated tender and construction contract documents and provision of construction inspection and contract administration.
This position provides challenges for the Engineering Intern to advance their skills and practical experience in a collaborative environment with growth opportunities.
Key Position Requirements:
- Civil engineering graduate enrolled in, or eligible for, registration in the PEO Engineer-In-Training (EIT) Program
- 1 year of civil engineering experience (co-op experience included)
- Excellent municipal design and project management skills
- Experience completing Municipal Class EA Planning process
- Understanding of relevant legislation, guidelines and standards
- Strong communication, organizational and time management skills
- Strong technical and analytical skills (experience with Civil 3D would be advantageous)
- Ability to work in a team structure and/or independently
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work under minimal supervision
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
At Tatham, our key values are reflected in everything we do. We aim to be the engineering consulting firm of choice by upholding our core values: Service, Communication, Teamwork, Relationships & Community. Our company has experienced significant growth by putting these values into action.
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation, benefits, RRSP matching and profit sharing
- Flexible work arrangements and work-life balance
- Vacation starting at 3 weeks – prorated in the first year
- Professional development, training, and career progression opportunities
- Company Mentorship Program
- Coverage of PEO annual dues
- Challenging and rewarding work on notable projects
- Collaborative and engaging workplace environment
- Regular office/team socials and recreational outings
Tatham Engineering is a Canadian, employee-owned consulting engineering firm with 30 years of experience, specializing in Coastal, Land Development, Municipal Infrastructure, Structural – Buildings and Bridges, Transportation, Water Resources, Water & Wastewater, Mechanical and Electrical engineering with application to new and re-developed commercial, industrial, residential and recreational properties. Our extensive experience combined with providing premier services are key factors in our solid track record of successful projects throughout Ontario to a wide range of satisfied clients, in both the public and private sectors. Headquartered in Collingwood, with branch offices in Bracebridge, Barrie, Orillia and Ottawa, Tatham Engineering has a highly capable team of over 160 employees.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to us by clicking “Apply".