Tatham Engineering offers exciting career opportunities in our various office locations. We also welcome applications that are not related to a specific job posting and we offer student opportunities throughout the year.
If you welcome challenging and rewarding work , then consider developing your career with us!
Engineering Technologist/Technician – Coastal (Barrie or Collingwood)
Tatham Engineering is dedicated to enhancing our communities. Are you looking to enhance your career and apply your technical expertise to meaningful work?
We are seeking an Engineering Technologist or Technician to work with our Water Resources and Coastal Engineering groups based out of our Barrie or Collingwood office.
The successful applicant will help develop engineering designs and utilize AutoCAD Civil3D to prepare design drawings for municipal infrastructure, coastal, water resources, environmental and land development projects. Projects involve water distribution, storm and sanitary sewers, road construction/reconstruction, site plan servicing design, subdivision servicing design, lot grading, shoreline works and municipal infrastructure renewal.
This position will assist with analysis and/or design including utilizing available CADD and GIS software; assist with design calculations and computer modeling using standard engineering software. As the individual develops within the role it is expected that they will also assist with project coordination and management, report writing, cost estimates, preparation of tender documents, and specifications; as well as assist with contract administration, including preparation of requests for quotation, contract change orders and payment certificates; preparation of applications for approvals.
The ideal candidate will have experience using ACAD/Civil 3D to prepare detailed engineering design drawings (2D/3D).
Key Position Requirements:
- A diploma in Civil Engineering Technology
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant experience, however, a recent graduate maybe considered
- Certified Engineering Technologist or eligibility for membership with the Ontario Association of Certified Engineering Technicians and Technologists
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD/Civil 3D
- Preferred to have working knowledge of Arc GIS
- Strong communication and technical writing skills
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects and work independently under minimal supervision
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
At Tatham, our key values are reflected in everything we do. We aim to be the engineering consulting firm of choice by upholding our core values: Service, Communication, Teamwork, Relationships & Community. Our company has experienced significant growth by putting these values into action.
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation, benefits, RRSP matching and profit sharing
- Flexible work arrangements and work-life balance
- Vacation starting at 3 weeks – prorated in the first year
- Professional development, training, mentorship program and career progression opportunities
- Challenging and rewarding work on notable projects
- Collaborative and engaging workplace environment
- Regular office/team socials and recreational outings
Tatham Engineering is a Canadian, employee-owned consulting engineering firm with over 30 years of experience. We specialize in Coastal, Land Development, Municipal Infrastructure, Structural – Buildings and Bridges, Transportation, Water Resources, Water & Wastewater, Mechanical and Electrical engineering with application to new and re-developed public sector, commercial, industrial, residential and recreational properties. Our extensive experience combined with providing premier services are key factors in our solid track record of successful projects throughout Ontario to a wide range of satisfied clients in both the public and private sectors. Headquartered in Collingwood, with branch offices in Bracebridge, Barrie, Orillia and Ottawa, Tatham Engineering has a highly capable team of over 170 employees.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to us by clicking “Apply".
"*" indicates required fields