Tatham Engineering offers exciting career opportunities in our various office locations. We also welcome applications that are not related to a specific job posting and we offer student opportunities throughout the year.
If you welcome challenging and rewarding work , then consider developing your career with us!
Water and Wastewater CAD Designer (Collingwood)
Tatham Engineering is dedicated to enhancing our communities. Are you looking to enhance your career and apply your technical expertise to meaningful work?
We are seeking an Intermediate or Senior CAD Designer for our Water and Wastewater group. The successful candidate will be responsible for the design and drafting of complex municipal and private water and wastewater infrastructure projects such as water treatment, pumping and storage facilities, and wastewater pumping, treatment and effluent disposal works, including multi-discipline design and drafting team coordination. An Intermediate/Senior CAD Designer will work independently or as part of a design team to produce cost-effective engineering designs and drawings that meet established requirements and standards. Work assignments may include assistance with the preparation of technical specifications and cost estimates, shop drawing reviews, and construction inspection and contract administration tasks.
Key Position Requirements
- Diploma in Civil Engineering Technology and registered, or eligible for registration, with OACETT
- Minimum 5 years of experience in design and drafting of process piping and water and wastewater process equipment and facilities, using the latest version of AutoCAD
- Experience in developing process flow diagrams, P&IDs, and process layouts
- Experience with coordinating production from multi-discipline design team
- Experience and proficiency with 3D design, building information modelling (BIM) and Plant 3D CAD would be an asset
- Experience and proficiency with spreadsheets would be an asset
- Familiarity with AWWA, ANSI, MECP and OBC design guidelines and codes would be an asset
- Experience in preparing technical specifications would be an asset
- Construction inspection and contract administration experience would be an asset
- Must possess a mechanical aptitude and have a good understanding of civil and process mechanical engineering fundamentals, design practices and drawing conventions
- Excellent analytical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Committed team player with strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
At Tatham, our key values are reflected in everything we do. We aim to be the engineering consulting firm of choice by upholding our core values: Service, Communication, Teamwork, Relationships & Community. Our company has experienced significant growth by putting these values into action.
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation, benefits, RRSP matching and profit sharing
- Flexible work arrangements and work-life balance
- Vacation starting at 3 weeks – prorated in the first year
- Challenging and rewarding work on notable projects
- Professional development, training, mentorship program and career progression opportunities
- Reimbursement for annual professional dues
- Collaborative and engaging workplace environment
- Regular office/team socials and recreational outings
Tatham Engineering is a Canadian employee-owned, consulting engineering firm that specializes in Coastal, Land Development, Municipal, Structural (Buildings and Bridges), Transportation, Water Resources, Water & Wastewater, Electrical and Mechanical engineering, and provides specialized services in Air & Noise, Climate Resilience and Hydrogeology. The firm was founded in Collingwood, Ontario, in 1988 and currently employs over 175 staff with branch offices in Barrie, Orillia, Bracebridge and Ottawa.
Tatham is proud to be recognized as one of Canada’s Top Small & Medium Employers of 2023!
Please submit your resume and cover letter to us by clicking “Apply".
"*" indicates required fields