Tatham Engineering offers exciting career opportunities in our various office locations. We also welcome applications that are not related to a specific job posting and we offer student opportunities throughout the year.
If you welcome challenging and rewarding work , then consider developing your career with us!
Intermediate/Senior Electrical Engineer (Collingwood or Barrie)
Tatham Engineering is dedicated to enhancing our communities. Are you looking to enhance your career and apply your technical expertise to meaningful work?
We are seeking an experienced, accomplished, and self-motivated Intermediate/Senior Electrical Engineer with Project Management experience to work in the Electrical group based out of either our Collingwood or Barrie office. This position is responsible for creating and implementing processes and designs using computer-aided design (CAD) software, and other software tools.
The Intermediate/Senior Electrical Engineer is also responsible for providing technical direction and assisting Group Leaders and Manager with business development, and mentoring junior staff. This position will be responsible for planning and overseeing projects to ensure they are completed in a timely fashion and within budget.
The variety of work provides challenges for the Intermediate/Senior Electrical Engineer to advance their skills and practical experience in a collaborative environment.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Prepare drawings for various designs including Title blocks, base plans, linework, single line diagrams, panel layouts, riser diagrams, voltage drops, fault current calculations, etc.;
- Perform engineering calculations using relevant software and engineering design standards;
- Prepare detailed design drawings using AutoCAD software, adhering to company standards and templates;
- Prepare electrical specifications adhering to company standards, including required research to ensure equipment specifications are up to date;
- Review relevant codes and standards pertaining to work being performed;
- Preliminary reviews and construction progress;
- Conduct site visits as required;
- When required, prepare project proposals, including detailed description and understanding of scope of work, budget fees, project schedule, and expectations of deliverables by all parties;
- Complete project management tasks including coordination with other disciplines, clients, document control, budgets, timelines, invoicing and mitigating risks;
- Provide technical support for technicians and engineering team members; and
- Be aware of budgets assigned to tasks and work with the project team to complete the work in the stipulated time.
Key Position Requirements
- Degree in Electrical Engineering
- Projects will require to design electrical power, lighting, controls and instrumentation systems for various industries. An understanding of PLC and SCADA systems would be an asset.
- Minimum of 8 years of relevant experience
- Eng. in the Province of Ontario
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel as well as AutoCAD
- Understanding of the Ontario Building Code and Ontario Electrical safety Code
- Strong communication and technical writing skills
- Registered or eligible for registration with PEO
- Experience with business development and project management is an asset
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects and work independently under minimal supervision
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
At Tatham, our key values are reflected in everything we do. We aim to be the engineering consulting firm of choice by upholding our core values: Service, Communication, Teamwork, Relationships & Community. Our company has experienced significant growth by putting these values into action.
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation, benefits, RRSP matching and profit sharing
- Flexible work arrangements and work-life balance
- Vacation starting at 3 weeks – prorated in the first year
- Challenging and rewarding work on notable projects
- Professional development, training, mentorship program and career progression opportunities
- Coverage of PEO annual dues
- Collaborative and engaging workplace environment
- Regular office/team socials and recreational outings
Tatham Engineering is a Canadian, employee-owned consulting engineering firm with 30 years of experience, specializing in Coastal, Land Development, Municipal Infrastructure, Structural – Buildings and Bridges, Transportation, Water Resources, Water & Wastewater, Mechanical and Electrical engineering with application to new and re-developed commercial, industrial, residential and recreational properties. Our extensive experience combined with providing premier services are key factors in our solid track record of successful projects throughout Ontario to a wide range of satisfied clients, in both the public and private sectors. Headquartered in Collingwood, with branch offices in Bracebridge, Barrie, Orillia and Ottawa, Tatham Engineering has a highly capable team of over 170 employees.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to us by clicking “Apply".