Tatham Engineering offers exciting career opportunities in our various office locations. We also welcome applications that are not related to a specific job posting and we offer student opportunities throughout the year.
If you welcome challenging and rewarding work , then consider developing your career with us!
Junior Technologist – CAD Designer (Barrie)
Tatham Engineering is dedicated to enhancing our communities. Are you looking to enhance your career and apply your technical expertise to meaningful work?
We are seeking a Junior Technologist- CAD Designer for our Barrie office.
The successful candidate will be engaged in the design and drafting of land development and municipal infrastructure projects, involving residential and industrial subdivisions, site plans, lot grading plans, storm and sanitary sewers, septic systems, storm water management systems, water mains, roads and parking lots. Work will include collection of field data; technical analysis; completion of preliminary and final design including the preparation of AutoCAD Civil 3D drawings, specifications/contract documents and cost estimates; applications for approvals and coordination with external agencies. Support with contract administration and construction inspection may also be assigned.
Key Position Requirements:
- A diploma in Civil Engineering Technology
- 1-2 years of experience in municipal and/or land development design and drafting would be an asset
- Proficiency in AutoCAD Civil 3D software
- Experience with quantity take-offs and detailed earthworks modelling would be an asset
- Registered or eligible for registration with OACETT
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of engineering standards, guidelines and regulations
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects and work independently under minimal supervision
At Tatham, our key values are reflected in everything we do. We aim to be the engineering consulting firm of choice by upholding our core values: Service, Communication, Teamwork, Relationships & Community. Our company has experienced significant growth by putting these values into action.
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation, benefits, RRSP matching and profit sharing
- Flexible work arrangements and work-life balance
- Vacation starting at 3 weeks – prorated in the first year
- Professional development, training, mentorship program and career progression opportunities
- Reimbursement for annual professional membership dues (e.g., OACETT, PEO, etc.)
- Challenging and rewarding work on notable projects
- Collaborative and engaging workplace environment
- Regular office/team socials and recreational outings
Tatham Engineering is a Canadian, employee-owned consulting engineering firm with over 30 years of experience. We specialize in Coastal, Land Development, Municipal Infrastructure, Structural – Buildings and Bridges, Transportation, Water Resources, Water & Wastewater, Mechanical and Electrical engineering with application to new and re-developed public sector, commercial, industrial, residential and recreational properties. Our extensive experience combined with providing premier services are key factors in our solid track record of successful projects throughout Ontario to a wide range of satisfied clients in both the public and private sectors. Headquartered in Collingwood, with branch offices in Bracebridge, Barrie, Orillia and Ottawa, Tatham Engineering has a highly capable team of over 170 employees.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to us by clicking “Apply".