Tatham Engineering offers exciting career opportunities in our various office locations. We also welcome applications that are not related to a specific job posting and we offer student opportunities throughout the year.
If you welcome challenging and rewarding work , then consider developing your career with us!
Engineering Intern/Intermediate Engineer – Buildings (Orillia, Barrie or Collingwood)
We are seeking an Engineering Intern or Intermediate Engineer for our Orillia, Barrie or Collingwood office as part of our Structural – Buildings group.
Responsibilities will include assisting with projects involving buildings, civil structures and municipal infrastructure.
The Engineering Intern or Intermediate Engineer’s work assignments will include: conducting engineering investigations, preparing reports detailing observations and recommendations, completing reserve fund studies, completing structural engineering calculations for the design of new structures or evaluation of existing structures, preparing construction contract documents and construction review. Work will also include preparing technical and fee proposals for senior review, liaison with clients, architects, building officials, municipal and provincial approval agencies to maintain and expand our client base, mentoring junior staff and quality control of work by junior staff. providing assistance to other departments within Tatham Engineering.
Key Position Requirements
- Minimum of 4 to 6 years of structural engineering experience. Candidates with P.Eng. in the Province of Ontario would be preferred.
- Strong working knowledge of the Ontario Building Code
- Proficiency in the design of municipal, institutional, commercial, industrial and residential structures using wood, timber, concrete, masonry and steel
- Computer literate with knowledge of structural analysis and design software
- Excellent communication, organizational and time management skills
- Experience with business development is an asset
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work under minimal supervision
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
Tatham Engineering is a Canadian, employee-owned consulting engineering firm with over 30 years of experience. We specialize in Coastal, Land Development, Municipal Infrastructure, Structural – Buildings and Bridges, Transportation, Water Resources, Water & Wastewater, Mechanical and Electrical engineering with application to new and re-developed commercial, industrial, residential and recreational properties. Our extensive experience combined with providing premier services are key factors in our solid track record of successful projects throughout Ontario to a wide range of satisfied clients in both the public and private sectors. Headquartered in Collingwood, with branch offices in Bracebridge, Barrie, Orillia and Ottawa, Tatham Engineering has a highly capable team of over 160 employees.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to us by clicking “Apply".