Tatham Engineering offers exciting career opportunities in our various office locations. We also welcome applications that are not related to a specific job posting and we offer student opportunities throughout the year.
If you welcome challenging and rewarding work , then consider developing your career with us!
Technologist – On-Site Sewage System Inspection (Township of Tiny)
Tatham Engineering is dedicated to enhancing our communities. Are you looking to enhance your career and apply your technical expertise to meaningful work?
We are seeking a Junior Technologist to work in the Sewage System Inspection group. This position is responsible for conducting site inspections of private on-site sewage systems for the re-inspection program in the Township of Tiny and other surrounding municipalities. The inspections shall be completed according to the guidelines established by the Ministry of Municipal Affairs and Housing (MMAH).
This role involves completing inspections and reports of sewage systems with minimal supervision and in a timely manner, as well as identifying deficiencies and reviewing those with the supervisor. This position requires the inspection files to be organized, reviewed, and maintained for future use. This position includes responding to inquiries from the public and clients, and receiving, checking, and filing septic tank pump-out reports. Other duties may also be assigned, based on workload.
This position is at the Tatham Engineering satellite office in Perkinsfield and reports to the Manager of the Sewage System Inspection Program. This is a full-time, permanent position. The successful candidate will need to pass two MMAH exams to become a qualified inspector. Training and fees for these exams will be provided by Tatham Engineering.
Key Position Requirements
- A diploma in Civil Engineering Technology or related program
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills in dealing with the public
- Must be able to work some weekends
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation for daily use
- Ontario Building Code experience would be an asset
- MMAH qualification for General Legal & On-site Sewage Systems would be an asset
At Tatham, our key values are reflected in everything we do. We aim to be the engineering consulting firm of choice by upholding our core values: Service, Communication, Teamwork, Relationships & Community. Our company has experienced significant growth by putting these values into action.
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation, benefits, RRSP matching and profit sharing
- Flexible work arrangements and work-life balance
- Vacation starting at 3 weeks – prorated in the first year
- Professional development, training, mentorship program and career progression opportunities
- Challenging and rewarding work on notable projects
- Collaborative and engaging workplace environment
- Regular office/team socials and recreational outings
Tatham Engineering is a Canadian, employee-owned consulting engineering firm with over 30 years of experience. We specialize in Coastal, Land Development, Municipal Infrastructure, Structural – Buildings and Bridges, Transportation, Water Resources, Water & Wastewater, Mechanical and Electrical engineering with application to new and re-developed public sector, commercial, industrial, residential and recreational properties. Our extensive experience combined with providing premier services are key factors in our solid track record of successful projects throughout Ontario to a wide range of satisfied clients in both the public and private sectors. Headquartered in Collingwood, with branch offices in Bracebridge, Barrie, Orillia and Ottawa, Tatham Engineering has a highly capable team of over 160 employees.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to us by clicking “Apply".