Tatham Engineering offers exciting career opportunities in our various office locations. We also welcome applications that are not related to a specific job posting and we offer student opportunities throughout the year.
If you welcome challenging and rewarding work , then consider developing your career with us!
Transportation Engineer (Barrie or Collingwood)
Tatham Engineering is dedicated to enhancing our communities. Are you looking to enhance your career and apply your technical expertise to meaningful work?
Our Transportation Engineering department is looking for a transportation engineer to work out of our Barrie or Collingwood office to help lead the completion of transportation design projects. Typical projects include the functional, preliminary and/or detail designs of roads and highways, intersections, active transportation facilities and traffic signals. Experience with Class Environmental Assessments, tender documents, construction inspection and contract administration, although not essential, would be beneficial. More specifically, the successful candidate will:
- assist in the managing of multidisciplinary projects to ensure compliance with budgets and schedules
- prepare designs using Transportation Association of Canada (TAC), MTO and/or other standards
- prepare designs including vertical and horizontal alignments, roadside safety, drainage, grading, staging, pavement markings, signage and traffic signals
- draft drawings using AutoCAD Civil3D
- provide technical direction and training to junior staff
- conduct site visits and investigations
- coordinate with utility providers to confirm existing and/or planned infrastructure
- coordinate with approval authorities
- coordinate with clients and subconsultants, including meetings and presentations
- prepare budgets, work plans, and schedules for proposals
Key Position Requirements
- a degree in Civil Engineering (Transportation)
- Professional Engineer (P. Eng.) designation
- minimum of 5 years of directly relevant experience
- experience with AutoCAD Civil3D
- excellent written and verbal communication skills
- experience in the design of storm sewers, sanitary sewers, and water main is an asset, but not required
- the ability to manage multiple projects and work independently under minimal supervision
- the desire to succeed and strive to achieve
At Tatham, our key values are reflected in everything we do. We aim to be the engineering consulting firm of choice by upholding our core values: Service, Communication, Teamwork, Relationships & Community. Our company has experienced significant growth by putting these values into action.
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation, benefits, RRSP matching and profit sharing
- Flexible work arrangements and work-life balance
- Vacation starting at 3 weeks – prorated in the first year
- Professional development, training, mentorship program and career progression opportunities
- Coverage of PEO annual dues
- Challenging and rewarding work on notable projects
- Collaborative and engaging workplace environment
- Regular office/team socials and recreational outings
Tatham Engineering is a Canadian employee-owned, consulting engineering firm that specializes in Coastal, Land Development, Municipal, Structural (Buildings and Bridges), Transportation, Water Resources, Water & Wastewater, Electrical and Mechanical engineering, and provides specialized services in Air & Noise, Climate Resilience and Hydrogeology. The firm was founded in Collingwood, Ontario, in 1988 and currently employs over 175 staff with branch offices in Barrie, Orillia, Bracebridge and Ottawa.
Tatham is proud to be recognized as one of Canada’s Top Small & Medium Employers of 2023!
Please submit your resume and cover letter to us by clicking “Apply".
"*" indicates required fields