Tatham Engineering offers exciting career opportunities in our various office locations. We also welcome applications that are not related to a specific job posting and we offer student opportunities throughout the year.
If you welcome challenging and rewarding work , then consider developing your career with us!
Finance Manager (Collingwood, Barrie or Orillia)
We are seeking a Finance Manager to provide financial analysis and leadership. The Finance Manager must be adept at understanding financial data and regulatory compliance and communicating those implications to stakeholders. Tatham Engineering has grown exponentially over the past couple of years leading to this new position in the accounting department.
The Finance Manager may work out of our Collingwood, Barrie or Orillia office and reports to the Manager of Accounting and Administration.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Coordinating and preparing internal financial statements and reports and presenting analysis to the President and Board of Directors
- Tracking key performance indicators and develop opportunity forecasting to assist the Board of Directors in making business decisions
- Providing executive team and senior managers with accounting information vital to the decision-making process
- Improving efficiencies and reduce costs across the business
- Managing and staying current with Revenue Canada regulations
- Liaison with external accountants and government auditors
- Preparation of year-end summaries and special reports as requested by corporate Accountants
- Ensuring quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting
- Assessing current accounting operations, offering recommendations for improvement, and implementing new processes
- Establishing annual revenue and expense budgets and monitor financial performance in comparison to the budgets
- Working closely with the accounting department (AR, AP, senior accounting clerk) to ensure timely flow of accounting processes and reporting
- Performing payroll burden calculations and maintain appropriate bill rate schedules
- Managing annual wage adjustment process
- Managing annual profit-sharing bonus payments
- Coordinating share purchases and sales and communicate with buyers, sellers and corporate lawyers
- Meeting/negotiating with Group Insurance broker for annual plan renewal, review monthly status reports and liaison with broker/insurance carrier throughout the year
- Preparing insurance renewal applications for Professional Liability, General Commercial and Contents, Cyber, Director & Officers, Drone and Shareholder life insurance
- Requesting insurance certificates for clients and proposals as and when needed
- Other projects as required
Key Position Requirements:
- A degree in Business, Finance, or Accounting
- Minimum of 3-5 years of financial experience
- Designation as a CPA, CGA, CMA or CA
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures
- Experience and understanding of professional service industry
- Experience with Unanet and Ceridian Dayforce Payroll an asset
- Demonstrated high levels of initiative, prioritization and organizational skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to deal with stakeholders
- High level of professionalism, discretion, and confidentiality
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects and work independently
Tatham Engineering is a Canadian, employee-owned consulting engineering firm with 30 years of experience, specializing in Coastal, Land Development, Municipal Infrastructure, Structural – Buildings and Bridges, Transportation, Water Resources, Water & Wastewater, Mechanical and Electrical engineering with application to new and re-developed commercial, industrial, residential and recreational properties. Our extensive experience combined with providing premier services are key factors in our solid track record of successful projects throughout Ontario to a wide range of satisfied clients, in both the public and private sectors. Headquartered in Collingwood, with branch offices in Bracebridge, Barrie, Orillia and Ottawa, Tatham Engineering has a highly capable team of over 160 employees.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to us by clicking “Apply".
"*" indicates required fields