Tatham Engineering offers exciting career opportunities in our various office locations. We also welcome applications that are not related to a specific job posting and we offer student opportunities throughout the year.
If you welcome challenging and rewarding work, then consider developing your career with us!
Group Leader – Wastewater Engineering (Collingwood)
We are seeking an experienced engineer that is interested in taking a leadership role in managing and developing a Wastewater Engineering team within the Water & Wastewater group. Our work includes Class Environmental Assessments, master servicing plans, feasibility studies, modelling, technical assessments, preliminary and final design, preparation of contract documents, applications for permits and approvals, consultation with MOECC and other agencies, and construction contract administration and inspection. We currently focus on small to medium sized projects that are located north of the GTA, however we have a goal to expand our capabilities and market space.
Role and responsibilities
- Develop and lead a group of project managers and technical support staff
- Staff management including determining needs, goal setting and staff mentoring, coaching and direction
- Project management and design of wastewater pumping station, treatment facility and effluent disposal projects
- Coordination of design teams (all disciplines)
- Lead on Class EA studies, servicing plans and other technical studies and reports
- Technical review of reports, drawings and specifications, cost estimates, approval applications, etc.
- Liaison with clients and approval agencies
- Business development, building client relationships, promotional efforts and proposals
The position will be based in our head office in Collingwood, and will require travel to the branch offices. The successful candidate will report to the Head of the Water & Wastewater Group.
Key position requirements and qualifications
- P.Eng. licence in Ontario with a minimum of 10 years of relevant experience with a consulting engineering firm
- Motivation for professional growth and ambition to lead and develop a team focused on superior client service
- Project management experience, including budget and schedule control
- Strong verbal and written communication, organizational and time management skills
- Thorough knowledge of relevant Ontario legislation and regulations, MOECC policies and guidelines and experience with the MEA Municipal Class EA for water and wastewater projects
- Experience in the assessment and design of wastewater pumping and treatment facilities and on-site effluent disposal systems
- Highly proficient across the full range of design activities, from conceptual design to preparation of detailed design drawings and contract documents
- Experience with construction contract administration
Tatham Engineering is a Canadian, employee-owned consulting engineering firm with over 30 years of experience. We specialize in Coastal, Land Development, Municipal Infrastructure, Structural – Buildings and Bridges, Transportation, Water Resources, Water & Wastewater, Mechanical and Electrical engineering with application to new and re-developed commercial, industrial, residential and recreational properties. Our extensive experience combined with providing premier services are key factors in our solid track record of successful projects throughout Ontario to a wide range of satisfied clients in both the public and private sectors. Headquartered in Collingwood, with branch offices in Bracebridge, Barrie, Orillia and Ottawa, Tatham Engineering has a highly capable team of over 150 employees.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to us by clicking “Apply".