Tatham Engineering offers exciting career opportunities in our various office locations. We also welcome applications that are not related to a specific job posting and we offer student opportunities throughout the year.
If you welcome challenging and rewarding work , then consider developing your career with us!
Engineering Designer – Electrical (Collingwood or Barrie)
We are seeking an experienced, accomplished, and self-motivated Engineering Designer to work in the Electrical group based out of our Collingwood or Barrie office. This position is responsible for creating and implementing processes and designs using computer-aided design (CAD) software. As an Engineering Designer, you will provide AutoCAD services and support for all Engineering Project Managers.
As a member of our engineering design team, you will apply industry standards and best practices to design reliable engineering solutions for contracted projects.
- Prepare drawings for various designs including Title blocks, base plans, linework, single line diagrams, panel layouts, riser diagrams, voltage drops, etc.
- Perform engineering calculations using relevant software and engineering design standards
- Prepare detailed design drawings using AutoCAD software, adhering to company standards and templates
- Prepare electrical specifications adhering to company standards, including required research to ensure equipment specifications are up to date
- Review relevant codes and standards pertaining to work being performed
- Preliminary reviews and construction progress
- Conduct site visits as required
- Coordinate timelines with Project managers
- Provide technical support for technicians and engineering team members
Key Position Requirements:
- Diploma in Engineering Technology
- Minimum of 3-5 years of design experience
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel as well as AutoCAD
- Understanding of the Ontario Building Code
- Strong communication and technical writing skills
- Registered or eligible for registration with OACETT
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects and work independently under minimal supervision
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
Tatham Engineering is a Canadian, employee-owned consulting engineering firm with over 30 years of experience. We specialize in Coastal, Land Development, Municipal Infrastructure, Structural – Buildings and Bridges, Transportation, Water Resources, Water & Wastewater, Mechanical and Electrical engineering with application to new and re-developed commercial, industrial, residential, and recreational properties. Our extensive experience combined with providing premier services are key factors in our solid track record of successful projects throughout Ontario to a wide range of satisfied clients in both the public and private sectors. Headquartered in Collingwood, with branch offices in Bracebridge, Barrie, Orillia and Ottawa, Tatham Engineering has a highly capable team of over 150 employees.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to us by clicking “Apply".