Tatham Engineering offers exciting career opportunities in our various office locations. We also welcome applications that are not related to a specific job posting and we offer student opportunities throughout the year.
If you welcome challenging and rewarding work , then consider developing your career with us!
Intermediate/Senior CAD Designer (Collingwood)
We are seeking an Intermediate or Senior CAD Designer for our Water and Wastewater group.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the design and drafting of complex municipal and private water and wastewater infrastructure projects such as water treatment, pumping and storage facilities, and wastewater pumping, treatment and effluent disposal works, including multi-discipline design and drafting team coordination. An Intermediate/Senior CAD Designer will work independently or as part of a design team to produce cost-effective engineering designs and drawings that meet established requirements and standards. Work assignments may include assistance with the preparation of technical specifications and cost estimates, shop drawing reviews, and construction inspection and contract administration tasks.
Key Position Requirements:
- Diploma in Civil Engineering Technology and registered, or eligible for registration, with OACETT.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in design and drafting of process piping and water and wastewater process equipment and facilities, using the latest version of AutoCAD.
- Experience in developing process flow diagrams, P&IDs, and process layouts.
- Experience with coordinating production from multi-discipline design team.
- Experience and proficiency with 3D design, building information modelling (BIM) and Plant 3D CAD would be an asset.
- Experience and proficiency with spreadsheets would be an asset.
- Familiarity with AWWA, ANSI, MECP and OBC design guidelines and codes would be an asset.
- Experience in preparing technical specifications would be an asset.
- Construction inspection and contract administration experience would be an asset.
- Must possess a mechanical aptitude and have a good understanding of civil and process mechanical engineering fundamentals, design practices and drawing conventions.
- Excellent analytical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent organization and time management skills.
- Committed team player with strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
Tatham Engineering is a Canadian, employee-owned consulting engineering firm with over 30 years of experience. We specialize in Coastal, Land Development, Municipal Infrastructure, Structural – Buildings and Bridges, Transportation, Water Resources, Water & Wastewater, Mechanical and Electrical engineering with application to new and re-developed commercial, industrial, residential and recreational properties. Our extensive experience combined with providing premier services are key factors in our solid track record of successful projects throughout Ontario to a wide range of satisfied clients in both the public and private sectors. Headquartered in Collingwood, with branch offices in Bracebridge, Barrie, Orillia and Ottawa, Tatham Engineering has a highly capable team of over 150 employees.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to us by clicking “Apply".