Tatham Engineering offers exciting career opportunities in our various office locations. We also welcome applications that are not related to a specific job posting and we offer student opportunities throughout the year.
If you welcome challenging and rewarding work , then consider developing your career with us!
Junior/Intermediate Transportation Engineer/Technician (Barrie)
Our Transportation Engineering department is looking for a transportation engineer/technician to work out of our Barrie office and assist with the completion of transportation design projects (eg. functional designs, road widenings, intersection improvements, pavement markings, quantity calculations, etc.). Experience with tender documents, construction inspection and contract administration, although not essential, would be beneficial. You will be directly involved in the completion of the technical aspects, preparation of corresponding design reports, documentation and drawings, client and project management.
Specific tasks may include:
- site visits and investigations;
- collection and analysis of data;
- coordination with utility and approval authorities;
- development and evaluation of alternative transportation solutions;
- documentation of study findings;
- preparation of design briefs, reports and presentations;
- establish design parameters and criteria;
- prepare functional, preliminary and detail design drawings; and
- co-ordination with the client, including meetings and presentations.
- Degree/diploma in Civil Engineering (Transportation) or approved equivalent combination of education and experience
- Eligibility for registration in a recognized professional organization (ie. P.Eng., OACETT, etc.)
- Minimum of 2-5 years of directly relevant experience
- Experience with AutoCad C3D
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and public consultation skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work independently under minimal supervision
- Desire to succeed and strive to achieve
Tatham Engineering is a Canadian, employee-owned consulting engineering firm with over 30 years of experience. We specialize in Coastal, Land Development, Municipal Infrastructure, Structural – Buildings and Bridges, Transportation, Water Resources, Water & Wastewater, Mechanical and Electrical engineering with application to new and re-developed commercial, industrial, residential and recreational properties. Our extensive experience combined with providing premier services are key factors in our solid track record of successful projects throughout Ontario to a wide range of satisfied clients in both the public and private sectors. Headquartered in Collingwood, with branch offices in Bracebridge, Barrie, Orillia and Ottawa, Tatham Engineering has a highly capable team of over 160 employees.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to us by clicking “Apply".