Tatham Engineering offers exciting career opportunities in our various office locations. We also welcome applications that are not related to a specific job posting and we offer student opportunities throughout the year.
If you welcome challenging and rewarding work , then consider developing your career with us!
Topographic Survey Technician (Collingwood)
Tatham Engineering is dedicated to enhancing our communities. Are you looking to enhance your career and apply your technical expertise to meaningful work?
We are seeking a Topographic Survey Technician to work in the Geomatics group in our Collingwood office. This position is responsible for the collection of topographic survey information to record existing ground features and elevations in support of subsequent engineering design work, and the layout of design information for construction purposes. Work assignments include: establishing on-site horizontal control, carrying out benchmark level loops to establish accurate vertical control and on-site temporary benchmarks, operating total station, GPS and/or LiDAR equipment to record topographic survey data and to complete field layout of engineering designs, operate/utilize other equipment as may be necessary to complete surveys, and download and process survey/layout data using ACAD and/or other related software.
We welcome applications from all levels of experience.
Key Position Requirements:
- A diploma in Survey Engineering Technician or related program
- Minimum 1-3 years of relevant experience would be considered an asset
- Knowledge of GPS and survey equipment to record topographic survey data and complete field layout of engineering designs
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation for daily use
At Tatham, our key values are reflected in everything we do. We aim to be the engineering consulting firm of choice by upholding our core values: Service, Communication, Teamwork, Relationships & Community. Our company has experienced significant growth by putting these values into action.
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation, benefits, RRSP matching and profit sharing
- Flexible work arrangements and work-life balance
- Vacation starting at 3 weeks – prorated in the first year
- Professional development, training, mentorship program and career progression opportunities
- Challenging and rewarding work on notable projects
- Collaborative and engaging workplace environment
- Regular office/team socials and recreational outings
Tatham Engineering is a Canadian, employee-owned consulting engineering firm with over 30 years of experience. We specialize in Coastal, Land Development, Municipal Infrastructure, Structural – Buildings and Bridges, Transportation, Water Resources, Water & Wastewater, Mechanical and Electrical engineering with application to new and re-developed public sector, commercial, industrial, residential and recreational properties. Our extensive experience combined with providing premier services are key factors in our solid track record of successful projects throughout Ontario to a wide range of satisfied clients in both the public and private sectors. Headquartered in Collingwood, with branch offices in Bracebridge, Barrie, Orillia and Ottawa, Tatham Engineering has a highly capable team of over 160 employees.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to us by clicking “Apply".