Tatham Engineering offers exciting career opportunities in our various office locations. We also welcome applications that are not related to a specific job posting and we offer student opportunities throughout the year.
If you welcome challenging and rewarding work , then consider developing your career with us!
Intermediate Landscape Architect – Envision-Tatham (Collingwood)
Envision-Tatham is an independent companion company of Tatham Engineering: https://envision-tatham.com/. We are a growing, respected, and progressive landscape architectural practice located in Collingwood, Ontario. Our firm provides services in landscape architecture, urban design, site planning, and arboricultural consulting to a broad range of government and private sector clients.
Located in the heart of Ontario’s prime 4-season vacation destination, our staff benefit from year-round recreational opportunities and a balanced lifestyle. At work, staff are continuously engaged in a diversity of challenging project types and sizes. This presents the opportunity for staff to pursue their chosen interests and to work in a variety of related specialty areas.
Through an integrated collaboration with Tatham Engineering Limited, Envision-Tatham benefits from in-house municipal, structural, transportation, mechanical, electrical, water resources, and environmental engineering expertise. Both companies are strengthened through a cooperative approach that fosters seamless project coordination and cohesive design solutions. Through this structure, Envision-Tatham also frequently operates through branch offices in Barrie, Orillia, Bracebridge, and Ottawa.
Competitive salaries, benefits, profit-sharing, future shareholding potential, and various other staff incentives are available to all positions.
Envision-Tatham is seeking an Intermediate Landscape Architect for our Collingwood office with a minimum of 5 to 10 years of working experience. The Intermediate Landscape Architect is responsible to assist in site planning, conceptual and detailed design, approvals, and construction review for projects such as: streetscapes, parks, civic and institutional sites, community planning and design, resorts, camps, naturalization and SWM ponds, commercial and industrial developments, and trail systems. Preparation of reports, studies, tree preservation/mitigation plans, and visual impact assessments may also be required.
It is important that the Intermediate Landscape Architect be able to work in a multi-disciplinary team-based environment as well as independently, has effective interpersonal skills, and is a solid communicator. The Intermediate Landscape Architect is expected to be a team leader who successfully contributes to the overall well-being of Envision-Tatham and is responsible for managing and mentoring junior staff, providing technical direction, and assisting senior staff and Envision-Tatham’s President with business development.
A background in arboriculture is not required but would be considered an asset in context of the ability to help strategically grow this component of the company.
The Intermediate Landscape Architect will report to a senior landscape architect and/or the company’s President.
- Completed a Bachelor/Master of Landscape Architecture program
- Full Member of the Ontario Association of Landscape Architects with Seal and Certificate
- International Society of Arboriculture (ISA) membership is optional but would be seen as a favourable credential
- Strong demonstrated design and hand graphics skills and knowledge of plant material
- High emotional intelligence and strong project and staff management skills
- Technical competence and experience preparing tender and contract drawings/documents
- Excellent working knowledge of AutoCAD, Sketch-up, and Microsoft Office suite
- Background in Adobe graphics software (Photoshop, In-Design, Illustrator, etc.) an asset
- Class ‘G’ driver’s license in good standing and a vehicle for use on corporate business
Key Duties & Responsibilities Include
- General administration
- Staff management
- Promotion and project acquisition
- Project management
- Planning and design of public and private-sector land development projects
- Public engagement and client presentations
- Conduct field review and assessments
- Prepare project correspondence, communication materials, and reports
- Provide design and technical input on projects
- Prepare and/or oversee technical staff in the preparation of graphic visualizations and illustrations (hand drawn and/or computer rendered)
- Oversee or undertake drafting (CADD) to develop drawings/documents
- Prepare specifications, tender and construction contract documents and cost estimates
- Undertake contract administration and construction inspection duties
- Attend meetings and prepare meeting minutes
- Consult with review agencies and prepare approval submissions/follow-up
- Coordinate with Tatham engineers, sub-consultants, and external project team members
- Peer review of design reports and construction drawings submitted by other landscape architectural consultants to confirm compliance with municipal and provincial design standards
Salary will be commensurate with experience. We thank all applicants in advance, however, only those candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to us by clicking “Apply".