Tatham Engineering offers exciting career opportunities in our various office locations. We also welcome applications that are not related to a specific job posting and we offer student opportunities throughout the year.
If you welcome challenging and rewarding work , then consider developing your career with us!
Landscape Architectural Intern/Technologist – Envision Tatham (Collingwood)
Envision-Tatham is an independent companion company of Tatham Engineering: https://envision-tatham.com/. We are a growing, respected, and progressive landscape architectural practice located in Collingwood, Ontario. Our firm provides services in landscape architecture, urban design, site planning, and arboricultural consulting to a broad range of government and private sector clients.
Located in the heart of Ontario’s prime 4-season vacation destination, our staff benefit from year-round recreational opportunities and a balanced lifestyle. At work, staff are continuously engaged in a diversity of challenging project types and sizes. This presents the opportunity for staff to pursue their chosen interests and to work in a variety of related specialty areas.
Through an integrated collaboration with Tatham Engineering Limited, Envision-Tatham benefits from in-house municipal, structural, transportation, mechanical, electrical, water resources, and environmental engineering expertise. Both companies are strengthened through a cooperative approach that fosters seamless project coordination and cohesive design solutions. Through this structure, Envision-Tatham also frequently operates through branch offices in Barrie, Orillia, Bracebridge, and Ottawa.
Competitive salaries, benefits, profit-sharing, future shareholding potential, and various other staff incentives are available to all positions.
Envision-Tatham is seeking a Landscape Architectural Intern/Technologist in their Collingwood office to support landscape architects, arborists, and engineers on project teams and to assist with design (conceptual and technical), graphics production, and AutoCAD drafting for a diverse range of design, site planning, arboricultural, and construction management related projects.
It is important that the Landscape Architectural Intern/Technologist is able to work in a multi-disciplinary team-based environment as well as independently, has effective interpersonal skills, and is a solid communicator.
An interest or background in arboriculture is not required but would be considered an asset in context of the ability to support arborists and help strategically grow this component of the company.
The Landscape Architectural Intern/Technologist will report to intermediate and senior landscape architects and/or the company’s President.
- Completed a Bachelors or Masters of Landscape Architecture program or completed a related university/college technical program
- Excellent working knowledge of AutoCAD, Sketch-up, Microsoft Office suite, and Adobe graphics software (Photoshop, In-Design, Illustrator, etc.)
- Strong demonstrated design and hand graphics skills and a background knowledge of plant material is considered an asset
- International Society of Arboriculture (ISA) membership is optional but would be seen as a favourable credential
- Technical competence and experience preparing contract drawings/documents, and construction experience are also considered assets
- Class ‘G’ driver’s license in good standing and a vehicle for use on corporate business
Key Duties & Responsibilities Include
- Provide support to landscape architects, arborists, engineers, and other office staff during design development and in the production of presentation graphics and construction documents
- Coordinate with engineers from Tatham Engineering, sub-consultants, and external project team members
- AutoCAD drafting and graphics illustrations
- Prepare quantity take-offs for costing purposes, filing of technical information and drawings, and assisting with general office duties
- Assistance with contract administration and construction inspections
- Maintain and update CADD standards and other office resources and standards (e.g. tender tracking, plant databases, etc.)
- Coordinate social media content with senior staff and maintain various social media platforms
Salary will be commensurate with experience. We thank all applicants in advance, however, only those candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to us by clicking “Apply".