Tatham Engineering offers exciting career opportunities in our various office locations. We also welcome applications that are not related to a specific job posting and we offer student opportunities throughout the year.
If you welcome challenging and rewarding work , then consider developing your career with us!
Junior IT Support Technician (Collingwood)
We are seeking a Junior IT Support Technician to assist with maintaining Tatham Engineering’s hardware and software. The position primarily performs workstation hardware and software installations, user data migrations, troubleshoots and provides general printer and user technical support. This is a service-oriented role, so customer service skills. strong troubleshooting, multi-tasking, and organization skills are required.
Reporting to the IT Manager, the Junior IT Support Technician will be based in our Collingwood office and will assist in supporting a team of over 160 employees in four offices in the Simcoe Muskoka area. Travel to Tatham’s various office locations is required.
Duties & Responsibilities Include:
- Provide first response to user support requests via calls, emails, or walk-ins.
- Deploy new hardware (desktops, laptops, tablets, VoIP phones, audio visual devices and printers) as required.
- Install new software and provide software support through documentation and training.
- Perform maintenance of laser printers e.g., consumables.
- Monitor and maintain IT Support ticket queues.
- Maintain asset Inventory records.
- Perform Microsoft Active Directory user and computer administration.
- Perform Office 365 user administration.
- VPN setup and configuration including troubleshooting connectivity issues.
- Troubleshooting network infrastructure, mapping ports, drive letters etc.
- Setup corporate cell phones.
- Assist with special projects, research, and implementation.
Key Position Requirements
- Technical knowledge of Windows 10 Operating Systems required.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office 365, Microsoft Teams and OneDrive required.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory environment is an asset.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills related to PC and laser printer hardware.
- Solid networking experience and knowledge of Internet access protocols (i.e., TCP/IP, LAN/WAN protocols, switches, and Internet circuits).
- Excellent professionalism and communication skills.
- Exceptional time management skills.
- Ability to work independently and in team settings.
Tatham Engineering is a Canadian, employee-owned consulting engineering firm with 30 years of experience, specializing in Coastal, Land Development, Municipal Infrastructure, Structural – Buildings and Bridges, Transportation, Water Resources, Water & Wastewater, Mechanical and Electrical engineering with application to new and re-developed commercial, industrial, residential and recreational properties. Our extensive experience combined with providing premier services are key factors in our solid track record of successful projects throughout Ontario to a wide range of satisfied clients, in both the public and private sectors. Headquartered in Collingwood, with branch offices in Bracebridge, Barrie, Orillia and Ottawa, Tatham Engineering has a highly capable team of over 160 employees.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to us by clicking “Apply".