Tatham Engineering offers exciting career opportunities in our various office locations. We also welcome applications that are not related to a specific job posting and we offer student opportunities throughout the year.
If you welcome challenging and rewarding work , then consider developing your career with us!
Senior Class Environmental Assessment Planner (Collingwood)
Tatham Engineering is dedicated to enhancing our communities. Are you looking to enhance your career and apply your technical expertise to meaningful work?
The Senior Class Environmental Assessment (EA) Planner will oversee Class EA studies and Master Plans focused on municipal, water and wastewater infrastructure. This position will develop proposals, manage projects, mentor staff and foster Client relationships. This position will also provide advice related to environmental legislation, standards, guidelines and policies within Ontario.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare and manage Class EA studies and Master Plans and provide technical input
- Prepare and/or review technical reports, proposals and cost estimates for multi-disciplinary projects
- Coordinate with internal staff across all disciplines and external parties on technical studies and preparation of Class EA documentation
- Coordinate and lead public consultation and stakeholder engagement
- Conduct project environmental sustainability reviews
- Provide planning and environmental approval advice to project teams and Clients
- Oversee and undertake the preparation of planning assessments, feasibility studies, permitting and licensing documentation
- Collaborate with private and public sector Clients, approval agencies, conservation authorities, sub-consultants, and subcontractors
- Leverage existing Client relationships and cultivate new relationships to foster business development opportunities
- Build Class EA team, mentor and develop junior staff members
- Occasional travel to project sites and branch offices
- Other duties as appropriate that may be assigned
Key Position Requirements
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree or similar qualifications in either engineering, planning, geography, environmental studies, environmental science or related field
- Licensed Professional Engineer (P.Eng.), Environmental Professional (EP), Registered Professional Planner (RPP) and/or Canadian Institute of Planners (MCIP) professional designation preferred
- Minimum of 8 years of planning experience in a consulting or directly related role
- Strong demonstrated experience with the process and preparation of Class EA studies, environmental impact studies and due diligence studies
- Demonstrated knowledge of other types of Ontario environmental assessments, such as Ministry of Transportation environmental assessments
- Strong project management experience including project planning, scheduling, estimating, and budgeting, progress and performance monitoring and reporting
- Full understanding of local, provincial and federal environmental policies, legislation and applicable law
- Experience engaging with stakeholders including First Nations, municipal and provincial governments, conservation authorities and the private sector
- Business development experience with proven track record of building productive client relationships
- Strong organizational skills with the demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities, plan, schedule, and coordinate various activities relating to projects and proposal submissions
- Knowledge of sustainability and climate change mitigation/adaptation an asset
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, ArcGIS and Graphics software an asset
- Existing client relationships and a professional network
- Excellent verbal communication skills and advanced technical writing and presentation abilities
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively and effectively within a team environment
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
At Tatham, our key values are reflected in everything we do. We aim to be the engineering consulting firm of choice by upholding our core values: Service, Communication, Teamwork, Relationships & Community. Our company has experienced significant growth by putting these values into action.
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation, benefits, RRSP matching and profit sharing
- Flexible work arrangements and work-life balance
- Vacation starting at 3 weeks – prorated in the first year
- Professional development, training, mentorship program and career progression opportunities
- Coverage of PEO annual dues
- Challenging and rewarding work on notable projects
- Collaborative and engaging workplace environment
- Regular office/team socials and recreational outings
Tatham Engineering is a Canadian employee-owned, consulting engineering firm that specializes in Coastal, Land Development, Municipal, Structural (Buildings and Bridges), Transportation, Water Resources, Water & Wastewater, Electrical and Mechanical engineering, and provides specialized services in Air & Noise, Climate Resilience and Hydrogeology. The firm was founded in Collingwood, Ontario, in 1988 and currently employs over 175 staff with branch offices in Barrie, Orillia, Bracebridge and Ottawa.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to us by clicking “Apply".