Tatham Engineering offers exciting career opportunities in our various office locations. We also welcome applications that are not related to a specific job posting and we offer student opportunities throughout the year.
If you welcome challenging and rewarding work , then consider developing your career with us!
Construction Inspector (Bracebridge)
Tatham Engineering is dedicated to enhancing our communities. Are you looking to enhance your career and apply your technical expertise to meaningful work?
We are seeking a construction inspector to work on municipal and/or land development projects out of our Bracebridge office.
The construction inspector is responsible for inspection of the construction of roads, storm sewer, sanitary sewer, watermain, curb and gutter, sidewalks, stormwater management facilities and grading works to ensure compliance with design drawings, specifications and municipal/provincial standards. Work will also include liaison with contractors, preparing field inspection reports, tracking construction quantities, and assistance with contract administration duties including conducting site meetings and preparing meeting minutes.
Key Position Requirements
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant construction inspection experience
- C.E.T. certification or eligibility would be an asset
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated understanding and working knowledge of contract drawings, tender documents and design and construction standards
- Field experience working around heavy equipment
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
At Tatham, our key values are reflected in everything we do. We aim to be the engineering consulting firm of choice by upholding our core values: Service, Communication, Teamwork, Relationships & Community. Our company has experienced significant growth by putting these values into action.
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation, benefits, RRSP matching and profit sharing
- Flexible work arrangements and work-life balance
- Vacation starting at 3 weeks – prorated in the first year
- Professional development, training, mentorship program and career progression opportunities
- Coverage of PEO annual dues
- Challenging and rewarding work on notable projects
- Collaborative and engaging workplace environment
- Regular office/team socials and recreational outings
Tatham Engineering is a Canadian employee-owned, consulting engineering firm that specializes in Coastal, Land Development, Municipal, Structural (Buildings and Bridges), Transportation, Water Resources, Water & Wastewater, Electrical and Mechanical engineering, and provides specialized services in Air & Noise, Climate Resilience and Hydrogeology. The firm was founded in Collingwood, Ontario, in 1988 and currently employs over 175 staff with branch offices in Barrie, Orillia, Bracebridge and Ottawa.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to us by clicking “Apply".