Tatham Engineering offers exciting career opportunities in our various office locations. We also welcome applications that are not related to a specific job posting and we offer student opportunities throughout the year.
If you welcome challenging and rewarding work , then consider developing your career with us!
Manager – Water and Wastewater Engineering (Collingwood)
Tatham Engineering is dedicated to enhancing our communities. Are you looking to enhance your career and apply your technical expertise to meaningful work?
Reporting to the Executive Vice President, the Manager of Water & Wastewater is part of the senior management team and be responsible for leading the growth and raising the profile of the department and shaping the future direction of Tatham.
The Manager – Water & Wastewater will be a progressive, collaborative, energetic, and entrepreneurial-minded professional engineer with at least 15 years of consulting experience with a mix of water and wastewater experience completed for municipal and private clients.
The Manager – Water and Wastewater will have the following:
Duties and Responsibilities
- Confidently lead, inspire, develop, strengthen and expand the Water & Wastewater department
- Champion Tatham’s strategic plan, lead change and expand Tatham’s expertise to drive growth within the department and across the organization
- Manage and enhance existing client and partner relationships while identifying and developing relationships with new clients, agencies, contractors, and suppliers
- Balance solid project management disciplines with strong technical and quality control oversight to ensure projects are completed competently on schedule, within budget, to utilization target, and at a standard that meets client expectations
- Raise the profile of the Water and Wastewater Department and all other Tatham Departments
- Lead, develop, manage, train, coach, mentor and motivate department members to achieve their individual and department goals and advance department initiatives
- Develop the strategy and lead business development initiatives for the department
- Identify project opportunities in existing and new project areas, develop proposals, prepare workplans and secure new business
- Develop and execute quarterly business plans, set goals and targets for the department to expand both technical services provided and market areas
- Manage and enhance existing client relationships while proactively engaging with and building new relationships with prospective clients, agencies, contractors and suppliers
- Proactively enhance technical capabilities and talent within the department
- Conduct ongoing annual performance reviews and quarterly goal setting reviews
- Monitor and ensure thorough implementation of QA & QC policy on all projects including designs, drawings, specifications, construction cost estimates, reports, applications for approval and permits and other deliverables in accordance with QA/QC policy
- Manage projects and studies
- Provide design and technical oversight on all projects within the department and assist project managers with establishing and tracking budgets, project schedules, processing billings, as well as maintaining staff utilization and profitability targets
- Communicate regularly with the Executive Vice President and the Senior Management Team to provide updates, drive strategy and advance change
- Promote an open, collaborative, balanced and inclusive culture, while living Tatham Engineering’s key values and ensure adherence to Tatham Engineering policies
Key Position Requirements
- Professional engineer with significant consulting engineering experience in Ontario is critical, with strong technical expertise and at least 10 years of design experience with a solid cross section in private and municipal mid-sized water and wastewater projects
- A strong communicator (verbal & written) who can interact at all levels of an organization and establish credibility with the department, senior executives, external stakeholders, partners, and direct reports
- An enthusiastic and creative leader with strong interpersonal skills and experience training, mentoring, motivating, and managing people
- Solid business development skills and possess a solid business acumen
- Well developed leadership, management and executive level presence with a strategic, collaborative, compassionate, flexible, genuine, forward-thinking approach
- Excel at developing and empowering teams to deliver high-quality deliverables that meet the clients’ expectations and needs
- Think and plan strategically
- Energetic self-starter that understands leading practices in consulting engineering and who can drive change in an organization
- Embraces the core values of Tatham Engineering, has a strong commitment to the community and the lifestyle that the Tatham locations offer
- Ability to comfortably manage multiple assignments simultaneously and excels in a lean, action-oriented and entrepreneurial environment
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in engineering from a recognized institution
At Tatham, our key values are reflected in everything we do. We aim to be the engineering consulting firm of choice by upholding our core values: Service, Communication, Teamwork, Relationships & Community. Our company has experienced significant growth by putting these values into action.
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation, benefits, RRSP matching and profit sharing
- Flexible work arrangements and work-life balance
- Vacation starting at 3 weeks – prorated in the first year
- Professional development, training, mentorship program and career progression opportunities
- Coverage of PEO annual dues
- Challenging and rewarding work on notable projects
- Collaborative and engaging workplace environment
- Regular office/team socials and recreational outings
Tatham Engineering is a Canadian employee-owned, consulting engineering firm that specializes in Coastal, Land Development, Municipal, Structural (Buildings and Bridges), Transportation, Water Resources, Water & Wastewater, Electrical and Mechanical engineering, and provides specialized services in Air & Noise, Climate Resilience and Hydrogeology. The firm was founded in Collingwood, Ontario, in 1988 and currently employs over 175 staff with branch offices in Barrie, Orillia, Bracebridge and Ottawa.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to us by clicking “Apply".