Tatham Engineering offers exciting career opportunities in our various office locations. We also welcome applications that are not related to a specific job posting and we offer student opportunities throughout the year.
If you welcome challenging and rewarding work , then consider developing your career with us!
Senior Contract Administrator, Construction Inspector (Barrie)
Tatham Engineering is dedicated to enhancing our communities. Are you looking to enhance your career and apply your technical expertise to meaningful work?
We are seeking a senior construction inspector, contract administrator to work on bridge, municipal infrastructure and/or land development projects out of our Barrie office.
Responsibilities include inspection of construction activities of municipal infrastructure works, including bridges, roads, storm sewer, sanitary sewer, watermain, curb and gutter, sidewalks, stormwater management facilities and grading works to ensure compliance with design drawings, specifications and municipal/provincial standards. Work will also include liaison with contractors, preparing field inspection reports, collecting for record construction data and verifying quantities. Contract administration duties will include conducting site meetings and preparing meeting minutes, payment certificates, contract change orders, etc. Other duties include responding to public enquiries and liaison with the municipal staff.
Key Position Requirements
- Minimum of 10+ years of relevant construction inspection and contract administration experience
- C.E.T. certification would be an asset
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated understanding and working knowledge of contract drawings, tender documents and design and construction standards
- Field experience working around heavy equipment
- Thorough understanding of the Construction Act and other applicable legislation, guidelines and standards. Previous experience with bridge and reinforced concrete construction inspection would be an asset.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects and work independently under minimal supervision
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
At Tatham, our key values are reflected in everything we do. We aim to be the engineering consulting firm of choice by upholding our core values: Service, Communication, Teamwork, Relationships & Community. Our company has experienced significant growth by putting these values into action.
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation, benefits, RRSP matching and profit sharing
- Flexible work arrangements and work-life balance
- Vacation starting at 3 weeks – prorated in the first year
- Professional development, training, mentorship program and career progression opportunities
- Coverage of PEO annual dues
- Challenging and rewarding work on notable projects
- Collaborative and engaging workplace environment
- Regular office/team socials and recreational outings
Tatham Engineering is a Canadian employee-owned, consulting engineering firm that specializes in Coastal, Land Development, Municipal, Structural (Buildings and Bridges), Transportation, Water Resources, Water & Wastewater, Electrical and Mechanical engineering, and provides specialized services in Air & Noise, Climate Resilience and Hydrogeology. The firm was founded in Collingwood, Ontario, in 1988 and currently employs over 175 staff with branch offices in Barrie, Orillia, Bracebridge and Ottawa.
Tatham is proud to be recognized as one of Canada’s Top Small & Medium Employers of 2023!
Please submit your resume and cover letter to us by clicking “Apply".
"*" indicates required fields