Tatham Engineering offers exciting career opportunities in our various office locations. We also welcome applications that are not related to a specific job posting and we offer student opportunities throughout the year.
If you welcome challenging and rewarding work , then consider developing your career with us!
Transportation Planner, Engineer (Barrie or Collingwood)
Tatham Engineering is dedicated to enhancing our communities. Are you looking to enhance your career and apply your technical expertise to meaningful work?
Our Transportation Engineering department is looking for an intermediate transportation planner/engineer to work out of our Barrie or Collingwood office. The successful candidate should have experience in conducting and/or overseeing transportation planning and traffic operations projects such as traffic impact studies, site plan reviews, parking studies, transportation master plans, and Class Environmental Assessments. This position will be directly involved in the completion of the technical aspects of each project, including the preparation of corresponding study reports and project management. The successful candidate will:
- conduct site visits and investigations;
- collect and analyze data;
- develop traffic projections and demand forecasts;
- conduct traffic operations reviews and capacity analyses;
- develop and evaluate alternative transportation solutions;
- conduct master plan studies;
- document study findings;
- prepare design briefs, reports, and presentations; and
- coordinate with clients, including meetings and presentations.
Key Position Requirements
- a degree/diploma in Civil Engineering (Transportation);
- registration in a recognized professional organization (i.e.. P.Eng., OACETT, etc.);
- a minimum of 7 years of directly relevant experience;
- experience with traffic analysis software (Synchro);
- excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- the ability to manage multiple projects and work independently under minimal supervision; and
- the desire to succeed and strive to achieve.
At Tatham, our key values are reflected in everything we do. We aim to be the engineering consulting firm of choice by upholding our core values: Service, Communication, Teamwork, Relationships & Community. Our company has experienced significant growth by putting these values into action.
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation, benefits, RRSP matching and profit sharing
- Flexible work arrangements and work-life balance
- Vacation starting at 3 weeks – prorated in the first year
- Professional development, training, mentorship program and career progression opportunities
- Coverage of PEO annual dues
- Challenging and rewarding work on notable projects
- Collaborative and engaging workplace environment
- Regular office/team socials and recreational outings
Tatham Engineering is a Canadian employee-owned, consulting engineering firm that specializes in Coastal, Land Development, Municipal Infrastructure, Structural (Buildings and Bridges), Transportation, Water Resources, Water & Wastewater, Electrical and Mechanical engineering, and provides specialized services in Air & Noise, Climate Resilience and Hydrogeology. The firm was founded in Collingwood, Ontario, in 1988 and currently employs over 175 staff with branch offices in Barrie, Orillia, Bracebridge and Ottawa.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to us by clicking “Apply".