Tatham Engineering offers exciting career opportunities in our various office locations. We also welcome applications that are not related to a specific job posting and we offer student opportunities throughout the year.
If you welcome challenging and rewarding work , then consider developing your career with us!
Project Manager – Transportation (Barrie or Collingwood)
Tatham Engineering is dedicated to enhancing our communities. Are you looking to enhance your career and apply your technical expertise to meaningful work?
Our Transportation Engineering department is looking for a project manager to work out of our Barrie or Collingwood office to help lead the completion of transportation design projects. Typical projects include the functional, preliminary and/or detail designs of roads and highways, intersections, active transportation facilities and traffic signals, including the completion of Class Environmental Assessments to support the need for such. This position will be responsible for the planning, design and approval of road and highway reconstruction projects and associated studies. The successful candidate will:
- manage multidisciplinary projects to ensure compliance with budgets and schedules;
- provide technical direction and training to junior staff;
- assign and review work of project team and coordinate subconsultants;
- conduct quality reviews;
- coordinate with utility and approval authorities;
- coordinate with clients, including meetings, updates, and presentations;
- write technical reports; and
- prepare budgets, work plans, and schedules for proposals;
Key Position Requirements
- a degree/diploma in Civil Engineering (Transportation);
- registration in a recognized professional organization (i.e.. P.Eng., OACETT, etc.);
- a minimum of 10 years of directly relevant experience;
- experience with AutoCAD Civil3D;
- excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- the ability to manage multiple projects and work independently under minimal supervision; and
- the desire to succeed and strive to achieve.
At Tatham, our key values are reflected in everything we do. We aim to be the engineering consulting firm of choice by upholding our core values: Service, Communication, Teamwork, Relationships & Community. Our company has experienced significant growth by putting these values into action.
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation, benefits, RRSP matching and profit sharing
- Flexible work arrangements and work-life balance
- Vacation starting at 3 weeks – prorated in the first year
- Professional development, training, mentorship program and career progression opportunities
- Coverage of PEO annual dues
- Challenging and rewarding work on notable projects
- Collaborative and engaging workplace environment
- Regular office/team socials and recreational outings
Tatham Engineering is a Canadian, employee-owned consulting engineering firm with 30 years of experience, specializing in Coastal, Land Development, Municipal, Structural – Buildings and Bridges, Transportation, Water Resources, Water & Wastewater, Mechanical and Electrical engineering with application to new and re-developed commercial, industrial, residential and recreational properties. Our extensive experience combined with providing premier services are key factors in our solid track record of successful projects throughout Ontario to a wide range of satisfied clients, in both the public and private sectors. Headquartered in Collingwood, with branch offices in Bracebridge, Barrie, Orillia and Ottawa, Tatham Engineering has a highly capable team of over 175 employees.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to us by clicking “Apply".